Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Soup Time

I hear there is going to be rain in the forecast for later this week so what a great time for some soup! I'll post some of our favorite bites!  
Have a great week. 

Corn Chowder
3 potatoes
1/2 onion
1 can corn (don't drain)
1/2 lb. bacon
1 c. cream
2-3 cups milk
2 Tbls. flour
1 c. milk
{To Taste}
Parsley
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Salt

Maybe a dash of hot sauce
Slice uncooked bacon into bite sized pieces. Fry bacon until cooked, then add onion and fry until tender.  Don't forget to drain the grease. Wash and chop potatoes. Cut into bite sized pieces.
Boil potatoes in just enough water to cover the potatoes. Cook potatoes until tender about 20 minutes. Drain  potatoes. Mix 1/2 cup milk with flour to make a thicking sauce. Add to potato mixture. Then add corn with juice, cream and the rest of the milk, seasonings, cooked bacon, and sauteed onion.

If it's too thick for your taste buds, thin with a little water or milk! ( I love my soups thick!)

0 comments:

Disco classes

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

my lil' fam

my lil' fam
The ASU Family