Monday, February 23, 2009

Praise God!

Many of you have asked about my cousin Doug.  He is doing better but still needs our prayers.  Below I have posted an update from his wife my cousin Sarah. Thank you for all your concerns and especially your prayers. 

Day 39 - Praise God!! Doug was more awake this morning and I had a wonderful time talking to him and sharing some recent events. He seemed to understand and would shake his head yes or just smile. His numbers remained the same as yesterday and that was fine. They did not go up. Stability is good. I put on some music for him and he seemed to remember the words to some songs and we sang together. Actually he just mouthed the words while I tunelessly tried to sing! :)

Today was a day of hard questions and hard answers for Doug. It was a day of beginning to understand what is ahead for him, and his family. The doctors making their rounds, and the speech and physical therapist, all met with him before I even arrived in the morning. He has a PMV valve which attaches to the trachea tube and allows him to speak and swallow. He very softly, with few words, asked what happened and what will happen. They very honestly answered his questions. He has a long road ahead of him and he will have to work hard for many months to recuperate.

But, I know Doug. When he has the desire and motivation to do something, he will work hard. He also is a firm believer and he can rely on his Lord to provide the encouragement and strength needed. Pray for Doug as he begins to process all this information. Pray that God will protect him and give him peace of mind. Pray that he be free from fear, anxiety, sadness, and confusion. Continue to pray for healing and protection for his liver, lungs, kidneys. Pray for me too that I can be an encouragement to him. Pray also for freedom from fear. I know that in all things we turn to God. He is the answer for every need. I am thankful for the way He has carried me through this journey.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. Psalm 28: 7

1 comments:

Brandy said...

Glad he is doing a little better. I will say some more prayers for him. :)

Disco classes

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

my lil' fam

my lil' fam
The ASU Family