Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Doug Keough

Today it was such a blessing for me to spend time with my cousin Sarah and Aunt Sarah at the hospital.  We were sharing memories of our childhood, laughing and thanking God for the many blessing.  I left the hospital in Awe over the nursing, Doctors and staff member from Good Sam.  They are incrediable.  What caring hearts!
Thank you for all the prayers you have shared with us for Doug and my Mom.  Below is an update on Doug written by my cousin.  Mom is doing much better and we continue to help her get stronger everyday.
Love you all,
Liz





Day 19 - Doug went a field trip again today. He was sent down for a biopsy on his lung. The results of a CT scan taken two days ago showed an isolated spot in his upper left lung . They wanted a biopsy to try to determine if it has been the cause of his breathing difficulties. It should take a couple of days to get the results in.

He was also to have had dialysis today, but apparently there was a problem with the tubing. So they quit for tonight and will try to reposition the catheter. Pray that it will be an easy fix and that he will be able to get dialysis tomorrow. This is a preventative measure to take the stress off his kidneys and to rid his body of excess fluids.

Today my Great Aunt Sara and cousin Liz were able to spend the day with me. It was a total blessing to have them there and they did a great job of distracting me, laughing with me, and sharing memories. I was so glad to have them there since it was a time of sorrow on the pod floor as Joey lost his battle with cancer. I thank God for sending them when I really needed the encouragement. Please pray for Joey's family as they feel the loss of a son, brother, grandson, cousin. 

Thanks to all who continue to pray in earnest for us and for your encouraging words. Thank you also to Matt K. for asking God to keep my mind focused on Him and to keep others from 'messing with my mind'. I did remember that today when I found my mind wandering. Thanks Matt, for a kid, you are pretty smart.

0 comments:

Disco classes

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

my lil' fam

my lil' fam
The ASU Family