Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The verdict is in!

I know I wanted to keep this tribute to Chanico (Frank) full of memories we've shared with him but I have to share with you the news the family received today.

The verdict was handed down this afternoon.  The murderer was found guilty of first degree murder with an enhancement for the weapon he chose.  He was also found guilty for battery with serious bodily injury for his attack of another man December of 2005, two months before the murder. Sentencing will take place on October 24th at 9:00 am.  First degree murder carries 25 years to life.  The weapon will add another year or two.  The December beating will add an additional 4-7 years. 

The jury was a group of outstanding people the family will never forget.  When polled, they all sounded confident in their decision(s).  Once it was over, many openly wept.  Many hugged family members that were in attendance and spoke to them expressing how sorry they felt for there loss.  They knew they did the right thing and expressed as much.  Aunt Luz ( Chanico's mom) thanked them all for defending her son.  That was a pretty intense moment.

Thanks for all the love and support along the way.  I wanted to let you know right away.

Love all the family

2 comments:

Sara Weber said...

I'm so glad for you that the trial is finally over. I hope you and your family have closure and peace now.

Brandy said...

Yes, I agree with Sara. Your family just has one more hurdle to get over at the sentencing, then you all will have full closure.
I shall keep the family in my prayers and set a note on the calendar to especially pray the day of sentencing.

Disco classes

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

my lil' fam

my lil' fam
The ASU Family