Friday, August 29, 2008

A Memory I'll Cherish























This memory is from Chanico' sister Lola.  She is the first one on the right of this picture.
{ Notice the hat he is wearing}!  Go Sun Devils!

I have an entire lifetime of memories and I could go on for days.  One memory that stood out as I  thought about it was when I was in elementary school.  There was a girl in the grade ahead of me who bullied me a bit.  One day, she cut in front of me in the line for a drink of water after recess.  I pointed that out to her {the fact that she had cut in from of me}.  She proceeded to cut anyway and I did not push the issue.  

The only person I told about this was Chanico.  I knew he would help me.  Well, his way of helping me was to put boxing gloves on me and proceed to show me some boxing moves in case she kept bothering me!  He made me feel strong and confident in this act of brotherly love. 
She didn't bother me again for whatever reason.  If she had, I was ready to try out the moves Chanico taught me.

Over the years, he helped me feel safe.  he was protective of me and taught me how to stick up for myself.  I know that he is still looking out and protecting me.  
He continues to be my protector and hero.

Love,
Lola { Chanico's sister}.

0 comments:

Disco classes

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

my lil' fam

my lil' fam
The ASU Family