Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The BEST neighbors!

























A week before Christmas I locked myself out of our home.  We have lived in the same house for 22 years and this was a first.  After the kids(Andrea & Chris) moved out I thought I better place window locks on all the windows to secure our home even more since it was just the two of us now. (Really it was so that the kids can't get back in... just kidding)!  I did such an awesome job that now we can't even get into our own house.  

I drove over to the Goodman's house (neighbors) to use their phone because guess what I didn't have with me besides my house keys you guessed it... my phone!

While we waited for a locksmith to come I drove back to our house (three houses down)  I guess I was nervous about how I was going to get into the house that's why I drove instead of walking over go figure!

 I called Jamie and he immediately left work and came home to try to get us in but like I said I did an awesome job locking us out!

Our neighbors on both sides saw Jamie and I sitting outside in our car.  They asked if we were okay.  I think it looked like we were fighting because we both looked so sad!

Dondi came over with water and a baggie filled with homemade cookies!  Oh I instantly smiled and was a happy camper.   Everyone knows I love cookies and how thoughtful of her!

Remember the days when the locksmith drove up in a large white van with the word LOCKSMITH really big and full of all sorts of cool tools and a key machine to make you a new key? Well this guy drove up in a Chevy car with out- of- state plates that said(Texas) and he said hi, do you need your door opened?  I looked at him and said yes are you the locksmith?  In his foreign language tone he said GES!  Oh boy times have changed.  I was taking pictures of his car, license plate & him opening my door with Jamie's iPhone.   Wow talk about being nervous!

Well the good thing was it took him 35 minutes to get our door open.  He said we had good locks.  The other great thing was he heard the dogs bark and he said are those dogs inside?  I said no be thankful because they would bite you! He also saw the security cameras on the outside of our house and said you safe here?  So after 2hours of being locked out here is the story in short form:

Locked out of home -2 hours
Locksmith -120.00 later
Neighbors-PRICELESS!

Thank you Debbie, Dondi and the Poulsons for caring!
  

3 comments:

AZDonna said...

I once locked myself out of my car, and had to call a locksmith. Guess what? My insurance covered the cost! Check your homeowners, it might cover. (Aren't you glad you're not the only one who does that kind of thing? ha!)

Brandy said...

Yay for locksmiths and great neighbors!

Breanna and Martin said...

LIZ! Oh man that was an entertaining story for me at work! Thanks for that :-)
I hope Ashley and Jamie relayed the message to you about how sad I was that I couldn't come over during Christmas. Next time will you just kidnap me? THANKS!
I miss you and love you!

Disco classes

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

my lil' fam

my lil' fam
The ASU Family