Sunday, November 30, 2008

Being Thankful

Thanksgiving day was here and gone.  All the preparations are all behind us but of course the calories gained and the beautiful memories we shared.  Our day started at 6am when Jamie placed his masterpiece turkey in the smoker grill.  Two hours later I awoke to the wonderful aroma of turkey cooking.  Ashley came over to help get things ready and 9:00 am the traditions began.  The Macy's parade started and I again cried!  It gets me every year I don't know why!  Ashley and I had a potato peeling contest.  The only thing I can beat her at :>)  Oh I love the aroma of a Thanksgiving meal!

 
Our entire family (all 33) gathered at my Sister-in-laws house.  We were all enjoying this long awaited meal by 1:00.  It is always so fun to watch the kids play together, and get into trouble some way or another!  This year they were in the backyard picking {green} oranges!  Busted, of course by the "teacher" Andrea caught them.  She nicely asked them what are you guys doing? Picking fruit! What color is that fruit you're picking suppose to be?  One of the boys answered ORANGE and she goes what color are they?  They all answered GREEN, she said then why are you picking them?  Because there's a lot of them!  LOL, I can't wait for Andrea to have her own kids and pick green oranges TOO!

We had a beautiful day especially having our Mom with us.  We all had our emotional moments missing John but he was their in spirit.   Our family has so much to be THANKFUL for.  What was your day like?
Blessings, The Coffey's

1 comments:

Brandy said...

Sounded like a great day. Mine was uneventful, which for my family is a good thing. :)

Disco classes

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

my lil' fam

my lil' fam
The ASU Family