Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thank you from our hearts!

I was going to post a final tribute to Doug but my cousin Sarah said it all in a beautiful email to everyone. 


A thank you from the family.

I want everyone to know how thankful I am for all the encouraging messages sent during the past 3 months.  I am especially grateful for the many, many prayers that were spoken for Doug, me, Jessica, Tina, Erik.  Those prayers were what kept us going in the midst of all the turmoil; knowing that you were on your knees asking God for His mercy and grace.  And God did grant that to us.  That is not to say that it was easy.  It wasn't.  It was the hardest thing I ever had to do.  I had to give Doug up to our Lord and Saviour and give Him control over everything.  But God has granted us His comfort, peace, grace, mercy in every step and that is what we cling to now. 

These are things I know:  God's promises are true.  Doug is rejoicing in heaven today.  Doug has experienced the ultimate healing.  God will continue to work in our lives to provide what we need.  God is the source of strength, not me.  I know without a doubt that Doug loved me and our children.  Doug was the man he was because of Christ working in his life.  God is good - all the time.

John 3:16  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."     This Sunday is Easter.  Rejoice with me as we celebrate a risen Saviour.  It is because of His work on the cross that I have hope of an eternal future.  We will see each other again and what a joyous day that will be.  Praise God!!

0 comments:

Disco classes

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

my lil' fam

my lil' fam
The ASU Family