Monday, July 9, 2007

New York, New York

Light rain and sweat shirts on the 4th of July cruising New York doesn't get any better. Wow, the fireworks were spectacular off the Brooklyn Bridge. Something about cruising around the Statue of Liberty on the 4th of July was so American.
I know we don't look like Yankee fans and that's because we were silently cheering on the Angel's from Aniehien. Mickey Hatcher is the bench coach for the Angel's and we talked on the phone. I was to chicken to try to meet him on the field. Mickey wanted me to say I was his cousin. Somehow those New Yorkers weren't going to believe that one.
It was a fun experience at the game. I took tons of pictures of Derek Jeters and taking the SUBWAY was actually fun too. We are still alive to talk about it.

We stayed across the street from Central Park at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. What a beautiful hotel and they spoiled us rotten. Our highlights of our trip were :

Flying first class

Staying at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel

Going to see the play WICKED ~fantastic show

Going to the top of the Empire State building

The 4th of July fireworks on the water cruise

Ground Zero ~very emotional

Going to fantastic eating places recommended by our friend Linda Leoni that used to live there. Thanks Linda

The Yankee game

Spending time with our cousins Terri. Dave, David and Darren while they were in NY too.

Riding the Subway

Going to the coolest Apple store and coming out with a iphone for my birthday.

Breakfast in our room every morning and the list goes on and on and know I'm back home to dog kisses. Those darling Chocolate labs! Gotta love them!


1 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like you & Jamie had such a wonderful trip! I love all the pictures you posted! Can't wait to see you again and hear more about it.

Jackson & I are in Houston, but are flying home today (Wednesday). Nathan is picking us up in PHX about 3:30. Feel like having dinner with us at Flancer's around 4:30?? Give me a call on my cell if you can! :-)

Disco classes

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

my lil' fam

my lil' fam
The ASU Family